Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rice Writing Art

I first learn of rice art when I watch it from the television. During my past visit to Kek Lok Si, Penang, I've seen it myself the art of writing on a rice. Yes writing on a rice. It's not something easy as you need skills and proper tools to write on such a small rice. For many, rice art is considered to be bringing good luck and wishes to somebody. Rice art mostly be displayed in a form of pendants, bracelets as well as key chains. Personally I prefer it to be in pendant form. It makes a good gift for people. You may request the writer to write your wishes, your name or anything as long as it can be fit into a rice. The overall process only took 3 minutes..so fast.
After the writing, you can read the words/sentences through a magnifying glass and it is readable in such a small rice. Stunning art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment